RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Eric (Ric) Lambart <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 16 Oct 1996 12:52:54 -0700
>No food that's worth eating needs to be cooked, including plantains.

There's surely some good logic to that opinion (except that ripe
plantains...dark black on outside skins and soft to touch...are tasty), but,
when you went on to say:

>I do have a personal problem with pumpkins --- don't like them raw, so
>I just don't eat them period.

I suspect you haven't had raw pumkin pie!  We make it down here for the
holiday season, and our cooking addicted friends just love it, too.

Kim and Jamey have a great recipe book with some wonderful gourmet delights,
including the pumpkin pie.  The food combining rules are often out the
window on these delectables, but for special rare occasions of celebration
with the cooking crowd, especially, they come in mighty handy...and have
been known to actually tempt the cookers to re-examine their unhealthy
eating habits.

Kim and Jamey can be reached at:

Raw is Law! :)Ric