RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Judy Pokras <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 14 Feb 1996 08:45:21 -0500
What would you recommend for treating a sore throat that threatens to turn
into a cold?

I've been taking Rainbow Light "Golden C," which is food-grown C plus
echinacia and golden seal; also I've been using Zinc lozenges
(unfortunately I couldn't find any without sweetener), drinking defrosted
frozen (non-pasturized, non-concentrate) orange juice, and taking a product
from Israel called Sambucol-d, which lists its ingredients as elderberry
juice, liquid sorbitol, water, raspberry extract, citric acid and natural
flavor. It was recommended to me by a pharmacist.

I developed a scratchy throat three days ago, and it stayed that way for
two days. Today it feels worse.

I don't want to have to go to a doctor who will tell me to take
antibiotics.

I'm staying home from work today. Tomorrow I'm supposed to report for jury
duty.