RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Date:
Wed, 28 Jan 1998 14:53:33 -0800
I came across the following and found it of interest; thought I would
share it with the lists. It's not raw (unless the chocolate was
somehow raw), but it may be of interest anyway...

>From a book titled "The Sun King", about Louis XIV of France (pgs.
150-151):

"The hazards to human life in those days were childbirth for women,
battle for men,  babyhood and smallpox for everybody. Old age was
not particularly dangerous or disagreeable; people lived to enormous
ages and never seem to have become senile....the Spanish Marquis
de Mansera [died] at a hundred and seven, having practically lived
on chocolate for years."

P.S. 1) I don't have the book, only a borrowed photocopy of a few pages.
2) I don't advocate or recommend a chocolate-based diet.

Regards,
Tom Billings