RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Irene King <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 13 Nov 1998 08:31:00 PST
Wes wrote (stuff snipped here and there):

>Sounds like your 100% raw diet was deficient in animal protein and
>starch...

Absolutely!  Which is why I began adding these things to my diet, though
usually just at dinner.  The rest of my day is primarily raw veggies,
fruits, and juices.

>Or crack open a raw egg into a hot frying pan and watch the coagulation
>and alteration happen big time.

Have to be careful on this one, Wes.  Avidin is a factor in raw egg
whites which can destroy biotin (a nutrient) in the body.  Cooking
destroys the avidin, and makes the biotin more available to the body.

>Heat is destructive, no doubt about it.

Under certain circumstances, yes.  In **every** circumstance?  No.

Irene