RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Jean-Louis Tu <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 14 Apr 1997 09:09:18 +0200 (MET DST)
Tom:

> * Fruitarian - one whose diet is predominantly fruit. As a standard, suggest
> using 75+% fruit as the marker for using the term fruitarian. Here 'fruit'
> usually conforms to the common usage of the term - the reproductive parts of
> trees, vines, bushes, rather than the botanical definition.  Some fruitarians
> do eat small amounts of sprouts, and many fruitarians (but not all) do eat
> leafy greens.

I am not sure I understand perfectly the meaning of "fruit". Could you
quote which of the following should be considered as a fruit?
tomato, cucumber, coconut, almond, peanut, pig's testicles.

> In practice, the instincto diet generally centers on raw fruit and raw meat,

I know that raw meat is a crucial part of the diet of many instinctos,
but many eat meat only _very_ occasionally, and can have a RAF-free
diet for several weeks.

Best wishes,

Jean-Louis