RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Martha Seagoe <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 16 May 2000 10:35:39 -0700
Hi again karen,

Had to look up 'pugnacity.'  It's not part of my repertoire!   :-)
Neither is 'vitarian,' but unfortunately that's not in either of my =
dictionaries.  Can I assume it means:  'vit' =3D life, 'arian' has to
do =
with a school of thought or often refer to diet, therefore 'vitarian'
=3D =
one who eats living foods?

Of course grains are seeds, and so are nuts and legumes, but most
people =
when they talk about seeds in the context of food don't mean these
things.

What I meant in my original question was, I wonder about how nuts &
seeds =
'flood the cells' with starch?  I thought that starch was broken down
into =
sugars before it reached the bloodstream and therefore starch doesn't
=
reach the cells (unless maybe in cases of leaky gut or some such?).

I was also wondering where the number, '400 times more than a potato'
came =
from, and whether that means ounce for ounce of food, or what?

Sorry I wasn't more specific.

BTW, I agree that nuts are hard to digest.  With my iron-clad stomach,
the =
only times in my life I've ever had any indigestion discomfort
(barring =
simply being too full), including pregnancies, has been when I've =
overeaten them.  I do love them though, and one of my favorite sweets
is =
dates stuffed with walnut quarters.

Cheers,
Martha