RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Jean-Louis Tu <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 15 Jan 1998 11:47:16 -0500
Stefan:

>First of all, problems are less likely to occur. Second, if there is
>a problem, e.g. you have cut your finger with your kitchen knife, then
>there is the immediate pain when you cut and shortly afterwards it is
>over. Also the pain is not so strong as with "normal" nutrition.
>With cooked nutrition there's lots of pain afterwards, known as "wound
>pain". Also cuts and injuries are very likely to inflame, while on raw
>they do not, provided you are in good balance.

I disagree here. When I was on *cooked* food, I got many cuts on my fingers in
the kitchen, with an immediate pain for a few seconds and nothing afterwards, no
inflammation. This hasn't changed.

Usually, superficial wounds don't hurt for a long time, even if they look
spectacular (lots of blood). Bruises hurt when you press them, on raw or cooked
food. And when a joint is injured, it produces lasting pain.

Last summer, I fell violently on my right hand (trying to rollerblade for the
first time :-( ), and, due to the shock, my wrist was immediately swollen. For
three days, I could barely move it and couldn't close my fist completely. The
pain took 1 week to disappear; and that was after 10 months of dairy-free,
almost gluten-free 99% raw diet. Yeah, I know, I was still toxic from my cooked
past, as well as from the past generations (my mother and my grandmother),
etc... ;-)

>I know some instinctos here who have let some dead teeth pulled without
>any narcotics. They report, that of course there is the immediate pain
>when the tooth is being pulled, but they can handle it. And when the
>tooth is pulled, the pain decreases quickly to zero.

If the nerve was dead, perhaps. Otherwise, I don't believe it.

[Imagine the instincto-supercop, who, after receiving 2 bullets in each leg,
runs 2 miles and catches the criminal :-)]

Seriously, I think that pain is useful anyway. If my joint didn't hurt, I would
continue to nake normal movements, and it couldn't heal easily. Similarly, if
teeth didn't hurt when they were pulled out, we would continue to chew hard on
the missing tooth area, and the gum would bleed again.

[Don't tell me those people are breaking macadamia nuts with their teeth 30
minutes after going to the dentist!!]

Painfully (but without inflammations),

Jean-Louis