RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Wes Peterson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 3 Nov 1998 18:28:14 -0600
J-L:
> So, I understand you have books on enzyme therapy/supplementation but
> not on food enzymes?

The enzyme supplementation basically refers to food enzymes such as
protease, cellulase, amylase, lipase, et cetera ... People supplement
these, but they can be ingested via raw foods. For example - avocados
are high in raw fat/oil, likewise they are high in lipase.

I have material on food enzymes, besides Howell's, such as by Cichoke -
"Enzymes & Enzyme Therapy" which deals with food enzymes, raw foods
related, etc..

If you can find material with food enzymes/raw foods researchers such as
O'Brien and Loomis somewhere, that should be of much value.

> > Walking is often touted as the best all-around form of exercise.
>
> "Best", I'm not sure. There are very little reisks of injury with
> walking, but that type of exercise won't make you improve endurance or
> flexibility, and your arms or your torso don't exercise a lot.

Actually, I tend to think hiking out in nature might be the best form of
exercise. You don't stress yourself like with running, biking, etc. -
although I do those too (dreaded leukocytosis!! :) ). But hiking feels
more natural and less stressful and has a calming influence.

Wes