RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Nieft / Secola <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 13 Feb 1997 22:33:03 -0700
Denis:
>There seems to be some good chat -and interesting chaps- around here,
>including a few people conversant with instinctive nutrition and the like.
>I've been reading your notes for the last couple of days to get a feel of
>your melody. Will you allow me to pop my head thru the doorway and send you
>some  "Nouvelles fraiches de Paris".

I've been waiting _so_ _long_ for some of you French (Un)Fries to pop up
through the doorway!!! Welcome aboard. You win the all time greatest first
post award--hands down (though Bodhi gets honorable mention, doubly so for
posting his "cherry" twice).

>I have this  newspaper article, freshly cut  from last week's  local daily.
>I figured  some of you could be interested in sharing the information
>contained therein. Especially those of you who know a bit about what's goin=
>on in France in the manner of  raw food  and raw diets  ...

I, for, one would sure like to know more about the whole raw scene in
4rance and Europe! My wife and I spent several days tenting at the Chateau
in the late 80's. We corresponded for several years with a Dutch fellow
(who would come down and eat overripe durian through his working at ORKOS)
who kept us up on the goings on, but the communication fizzled and I have
been hankering for more knowledge of the French scene. (Bruno Cromby
breaking away from the Chateau was loveliest music to my ears when I heard
of it...)

I will limit myself to one question: Ever hear of a Dr. J. Fraedin (sp?)?
Is he still into the food stuff? What is his shpeil these days? (Oops, that
was three questions ;))

>The title of the rticle reads as follows : "GCB's son appears in Court for sexual
assault on 13 year old boy...State prosecutor requires 10 months of jail...Meanwhile
>another preliminary investigation is being opened at Montram against X
>...." The rest of the story has a taste of deja vu, even for those
>unfamiliar with the  "news in brief" of the popular press...

It is sad. And enough is enough, eh?

>"THE FOX KNOWS MANY THINGS BUT THE HEDGEHOX KNOWS ONE BIG THING" said the
>greek poet Archilocus. Well it seems  in certain circumstances, even this
>"one big thing" is useless for the arrogant, narcissistic hedgehox.

You tell wise stories, Mr. Peyrat. Hope you stick around for awhile, pull
up a chair, and spin some more yarns...

Cheers,
Kirt