RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Mark Hovila <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 16 May 2000 12:42:33 -0700
Mike,

> I'm trying to find out what you think is the natural diet of human beings.

I think that the natural diet of human beings is different for
different
people, depending on their life circumstances and where they are at in
the
process of evolution.  For some, eating their fellow human beings may
seem
perfectly natural.  Others feel the same about eating animals.  There
are
and probably always have been people who feel that eating animals is
introducing a lower vibration and a principle of violence into their
bodies
and wish to eat only plants.  Still others feel that raw plant food is
the
ultimate natural diet.

Anthropology, paleontology, history and comparative biology are all
very
interesting, but when it comes right down to it, the most important
question
may be: what do we really want to eat?  For me, I don't want to eat
animals
and I really don't care if my ancestors have been eating them for 10
million
years.  It just feels right to me to be vegetarian.  It also feels
right to
eat raw, although I haven't yet been able to convince myself that 100%
raw
is what I want to do.  Given my feelings, I am trying to learn as much
as I
can to be as healthy as I can.  I am glad to learn of the problems
people
have had with high fruit diets, because it makes me more cautious
about
eating too much fruit.  But if somebody says he has a scientific study
that
proves that eating monkey brains every day will make you live 200
years,
that may be fine for them, but I'm not going to go there.

There are different levels of health, and not all can be measured by
science.

Mark