RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Sat, 25 Apr 1998 17:10:28 +0000
 Liza May, happy to help with msm and such, but Pet must away to
the lonely North Sea and Orcadian sky eftsoons, yet not before a
Sybilline word or two.
   It turns out that Sybil was not a multiplicity of folks in one
wrapper, but a compliant patient. When the good doctor wanted her to
be X, she was X, when Y, Y, and all was well till a new doc spelled
the old, and Sybil innocently asked, Do you want me to be X?
   So was the scam revealed... to some.  It's so delicious a tale
that some still believe it, and I know a few who live by it.
   But the tale also hides a crankier truth, which I meant-- that
NONmultiple folks DO have many 'selves' jostling for a
moment's dominion of the Self, each crowing, 'I am the One!.'
   Likely the origin of monotheism...
   And men, yes, are inferior beings-- humans.       All love, Pet