RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Tue, 6 Mar 2001 12:38:15 -0800
--- Loren Lockman <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> Many people are so toxic
> that the transition can be difficult and painful.
> For some people, it can
> take years to become clean enough for the system to
> operate on such a light
> diet, after so many years of eating a typically much
> denser diet.
>
> Fasting is the quickest and most efficient way to
> allow the system to cleanse
> itself naturally, and I have yet to see a single
> person not respond favorably
> -- eventually -- if they're willing to give it
> enough time to cleanse the
> body.  When they do, the results are usually a quite
> amazing level of health,
> vitality, strength, flexibility, and mental clarity.

Loren, how long did it take for you to detox?  Are you
still experiencing any detox symptoms, or have you
finished with all that a long time ago?

I REALLY wanted to be a fruitarian, I loved the idea
of a diet of almost all fruit.  But what do you think
about the difference between modern cultivated, mostly
hybrid fruit, and truly wild fruit, which is higher in
fiber and lower in sugar?  One of the things that
scared me off of the fruitarian diet (and it's very
difficult for me to cut down on fruits, I love them
and crave them constantly) is the fact that in the
last year I have been developing cavities like crazy.
I have nine cavities right now that need filling.  Now
I can't be sure that fruit is the culprit, because I
have been cheating with other foods, even chocolate
occasionally, but I've had perfectly health teeth all
my life up until now, with no cavities, and it seems
strange to me that I would get so many all of a sudden
when it seems that instead my health should be
improving (with the allowance of detox symtoms like
skin problems or headaches or elimination of mucous or
whatever) since my diet has become so much more
raw-foods intensive over the past several years.

I heartily agree about the benefits of fasting, but I
am a little bit worried about the degree to which I
may have harmed my body with excessive sugar
consumption.  I am not trying to argue with your
convictions so much as I am trying to get you to
convince me that they are correct.  As I've already
said, I would LOVE to be a fruitarian, I'm just
beginning to have doubts.

http://personal.mail.yahoo.com/