RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Tom Salsberg <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 2 Feb 1996 08:41:59 -0500 (EST)
> Date: Wed, 31 Jan 96 16:32:32 WET
> From: [log in to unmask]

> If we are to choose a group in the Usenet, my proposal is to go en masse
> to rec.food.veg.cooking. This is a group that is distributed everywhere
> (for example, AOL has it, but does not have rec.food.veg) and it is
> moderated. Those who have lived through the dark ages of rfv know what
> it means. I helped found rfvc when it appeared that rfv had turned,
> from a great group, to a nasty battlefield. I know the moderator well,
> and if you all agree, I could talk to him. One problem is that the moderator
> (Tom Molnar) is too good, and is becoming a victim of his own success -
> the posting level in rfvc has gone up to nearly 100/day.
> I think, however, that 8-10 extra posts/day could be acceptable, and I
> propose that they be marked with VEG-RAW in the subject to make them
> apparent to people who don't want to read hundreds of posts about tofu
> freezing techniques.

With all due respect, I think what we are all about is UNCOOKING. I think
we would be viewed as oppositional to the aims of rec.food.veg.cooking if
we went in there in the manner you suggested. Instead, I repeat, let's
take over alt.org.vitality-4-life for 1996, with the aim of having a
veg-raw or veg.no-cooking newsgroup in 1997. I really think the name
vitality-4-life is a great one for us because raw foods are so full of
vitality the source of all life!

Best wishes,

Tom Salsberg, B.Ed., M.A. (couns. psych.) [log in to unmask]

Alfred Adler, M.D. (1870-1937) was asked "How is your work getting on?"
He replied: "It goes on splendidly! You see, I have such marvellous friends."