RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"Maynard S. Clark" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 7 Oct 2000 11:36:27 -0400
they ALSO have 59 organic items in their produce department
(and an extremely small natural foods area), but lots of
great prices on seltzers.

The question for US is
how long do we live
what is the quality of that life
can we slow down the aging process and reverse the aging clock

A human being -- apart from surrounding circumstances --
has one objective, to find happiness and health,
to live the good life, and that has ethical dimensions.

To kill oneself with worry about the sin and hinsa and wrongdoing
in the world is to destroy the ONE opportunity you or anyone else
may have to become a POSITIVE example of what being vegetarian
could mean for THEM (as it becomes for us).

Ever wonder why PETA is condemned to point to movie stars
who are busy staying healthy, happy, and popular?
It's because the animal rights people are doing just the opposite.

Answer THAT one, Aimee.

At 04:48 PM 6/27/00 -0400, [log in to unmask] wrote:
>do you know anything about how to complain to stop and shop?
>they have a billboard up that has a picture of beef and then says "what
>vegetarians eat when they cheat."

Yeah!  They pushed your buttons, didn't they, and our buttons as well.
I can see that they weren't that interested in keeping the Boston
Vegetarian Food Festival on their list of allies.

>thanks.
>-aimee

I'm of the persuasion that vegetarian companies ought to exploit that
theme
and put out billboards of delicious meat analogs -- veggieburgers,
etc. --
and then say,
"What Natural Hygienists eat when THEY cheat!!"

Maynard