RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Stefan Joest <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 10 May 1997 22:55:02 +0000
Zephyr,
>I've eaten many different brands of frozen durians, and I find that if I
>let them completley thaw they generally give me little or no "problems".
>What have you found?  Also, what are the brand names of these Vietnamese
>durians, and where do you get their champedeks or mangos.  I'm in Santa
>Barbara and can visit LA for such things.

I have considerable problems with even accidentally cooled down durians, that
were held at a temperature of some degrees below zero (Celsius), should be
less than 32F (right?) for some hours.
My digestion complains. The instinctive stop comes to late and they turn to
be addictive. Made this experience one time in january 1997 because my durians
from Orkos got frozen on the way to me (it was damned cold in France and in
Germany.)

Freezing delays or destroys the instinctive stop. I don't recommend frozen
durians (and frozen fish). Also it is a (weak) denaturation. Bad molecules
are generated. Overeating frozen RAF is more dangerous than overeating frozen
fruits since overloading of RAF generally is worse.

I must disappoint you with the brand names. My local durians come from a
company named DEVIKO. This stands for german-vietnamese-cooperation. But may
be the vietnam people have cooperations with dealers in the U.S. too.
First try to go to a vietnamese restaurant and find out, where they get the
food from. Yeah, instinctos back in the restaurant. :-)

Good luck and best wishes for your recovery,

Stefan