RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"Roy P D'Souza" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 24 Feb 97 08:37:00 PST
>Similarly with seafood.  I don't really have much of an ethical problem
>with eating sashimi.  But I do start thinking about all the pollution in
>the rivers and ocean and then decide maybe its not such a great idea.
>Pollutants can really accumulate in the larger fatter (and tastier) fish
>like tuna and mackeral.  Add the possibility of getting fish parasites and
>I usually pass.

Hi Michael,

I read a claim somewhere (Instincto literature, I think) that the pollutants
that accumulate in the fatty tissue pass through one's body without dissipation,
if the fish/meat is raw. If it is cooked, they are released into the body. I
don't remember where I read it, though. I'll try to track it down.

I remember reading about the parasites claim as well. (They feed on dead tissue,
are harmless to faw fooders, etc.) But I also remember Kirt mentioning that a
few Instinctos somewhere fell ill with Malaria, which should not have happened
according to Anopsology proponents. If the virus claim was wrong, perhaps the
parasite claim is suspect?

Regards,

Roy