RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Liza May <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 19 Feb 1998 19:57:06 EST
Hi Barbara,
<< I have a book entitled "Eco-eating: A Guide to Balanced Eating for Health &
 Vitality", by Sapoty Brook (Lothian Books, 1996). >>

Funny you should mention this book now - there has been about a month of very
detailed discussion of this book on another list that I am on!  People think
very highly of this book, and this way of thinking about food balances,
evidently.

I don't have the book yet - but I may have to get it!

Thank you for your thoughtful reply.

Ellie,
<< if emotions are pent up, toxic neurochemicals clog up neurons in the limbic
regions of the brain and these neurons atrophy. >>

This is a great theory.  In my work with people on eating disorders and other
"food issues," I have found that there are invariably underlying emotional
reasons for not liking certain foods.  As an example, although it is commonly
assumed that overweight people love food and eat everything in sight. from my
experience this is usually not true.  I've found that overweight people tend
to be extremely finicky and picky eaters - and that once the real issues are
addressed, and the many-years-old pent-up emotions and memories are released,
the food aversions disappear, and the excess weight comes off.  Similar to
your story about your aunt and liver.

Anyway, it sounds like we have the same thoughts about the importance of
releasing "toxic" feelings.  I'm glad you're writing a book on the subject -
its long overdue - and I'm eagerly awaiting its arrival!

Love Liza ([log in to unmask])