RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Date:
Wed, 24 May 2000 19:25:25 -0700
Re: vegan milk substitutes

Yes, I have tried a number of vegan milk substitutes. In fact,
over in the article section of living-foods.com, there is an
article or two I wrote about raw vegan milk substitutes
made from sprouted oats and nuts.

The milk substitutes are OK, but in my case don't seem to have
quite the same effect. Raw goat/cow milk seems to have something
that the substitutes lack.

I would also briefly comment on soy milk. There are 2 kinds of
soy milk around: artificial mixtures of soy oil, lecithin
(an emulsifier) plus sweetener and flavors. That stuff is
pretty bad, in my opinion. The other kind is made from
soybeans directly: no oil or other artificial ingredients.
If you must drinnk soy milk, that is the kind to get. (But
it might be better to drink almond, oat, or rice milk instead.)

Tom Billings