RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Fri, 14 Nov 1997 08:02:30 -0800
Dariusz,

Sounds like bulimia to me!  People can really mess themselves up in the
long term with stuff like that--ruin their insides.  I've been reading
about chinese food therapy and chinese food theory.  Foods have
properties like cooling, heating, etc. and there's a philosphy about
eating according to season.  The Chinese are not much into raw food
though (I read that they started cooking it to kill parasites, etc. back
in their dietary history.  They view the body as having a kind of
internal weather system.  I'm having a hard time integrating their
theories with raw-food philosophies, but I do believe that people get
out of balance from eating too many cooling foods in the winter time and
weakening their digestions.  I'm beginning to think that juvenile
diabetes and autism could be rooted in this.  Diabetes is much more rare
towards the equator.  I kind of view the body as a satellite that can
get wobbled out.  Mine's pretty wobbled out!  Mary Jackson