RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Mike Mueller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 17 Feb 1998 10:06:04 +0100
> Kirt,

>Of course, this is all _entirely_ anecdotal, but I am curious as to whether
>somehow raw meat _exclusively_ might be more problematic than raw meat in
>combo with cooked meat (or cooked animal foods in general). The word from
>the researchers is that hunter/gatherers eat on average 65% calories from
>animal foods (never all raw, but usually some raw I would guess), whereas
>Burger (and others) is now apparently arguing for less than 10% animal
>foods (or is that just meat???). That's more like a primate diet, but it
>seems unlikely that humans could ever have evolved their big brain on such
>a regime...

Eating large amounts of meat is only possible if your body really needs (I
put on about 10 Kg in less than a month). But after the demand is met meat
just doesn't taste anymore and is repulsive. Nevertheless you can trick
your instinct by eating domesticated meat like beef. Try bison or wild bore
and you can taste the difference. Where beef still is ver well palatable
(though not "heavenly") wild game becomes just not edible. Provided the
wild game lived a really wild live without any human influence in terms of
feeding in crop fields or a narrower habitat than in the wild.
Even wild game might be more expensive than beef you can eat much less and
safe money and maybe health. In fact Burger recommends to have some wild
game once in while to check if one ate to much of the domesticated meet. It
work for me. Wild bore comes very bitter but same piece taste very nice
like a German specialty sausage a week later or so.
>From my experience (I studied 2 years in Arizona) it not very difficult to
get a hold on some wild game in the States. There quite a few hunters that
might spare some pounds. I had a mail order services , sending me wild bore
from Texas. They have also an Internet side. I have to search for the
address and will post it as soon as I found it.
I think wild game is the real paleo diet and if eaten raw in its unaltered
state the amount eaten is regulated by your taste perfectly.
Another experience I made: The amount of meat can be reduced considerable
by introducing eggs into ones diet. I eat much more eggs than meat. I found
the cleansing properties of eggs more suited for the kind of SAD-toxins I
have to remove from a good" German diet with lots of whole grain bread and
milk, sausage and cooked meats. After a while eggs won't do it any more and
small piece of meat is necessary. So far my experience with animal protein.
BTW, fish can not be neglected either, I gees is more because of different
kinds of fats and oils contained than of the protein but who knows.
Still the main source of protein in the long run are nuts, seeds and
avocados. I started eating avocados in large amounts (before the just did
not taste) and high pleasure after a meat wave followed by an egg wave
coming back eventually to almonds as staple protein.
Unfortunately there is no rule and I am sometimes very surprised what I
(can) eat. Our intellect is not always (maybe only in rare cases) able to
lead us to the right food in the moment, even so it can pretty exactly
determine the long-term average demand. But our needs are ver variable in
time and the sequence of foods is not predictable.
So far some experiences in about 2 years and 8 month of instinctive eating
(before I tried pretty much all other raw diets for 8 month).
Bye,
Mike

Mike Mueller
e-mail: [log in to unmask]