RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Nieft / Secola <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 3 Jan 1998 09:06:30 -1000
Barbara:
>Now, I have some questions about all of this:
>(a) Is it reasonable to assume that the recent episodes were part of some
>sort of healing process? If so, what could be the mechanism involved that
>would result in such intense pain for a short time, and then allow it to
>subside without any intervention? OR

You could argue that there would be decreased pain with better nutrition,
but who knows?

>(b) Is it likely that they were direct responses to deal with something I
>had recently eaten? On the most recent occasion, I was aware that I had
>been eating quite a lot of sugary stuff (something I rarely do these days)
>not long before I first noticed the pain. OR

Sugar, from fruit or not, has the reputation of exasperating inflammation,
but who knows?

>(c) Am I being irresponsible in ignoring pain unless it is severe and
>prolonged, thereby perhaps setting myself up for more serious problems
>later because of some sort of low-level infection that may be present all
>the time and that is not being dealt with?

The track record of rawists dental problems is VERY poor, especially when
on high fruit diets. If I were you, I would take any discomfort seriously
and have it taken care of promptly. Unfortunately, dental problems are
often worse when you eat "better"...

Or...you could listen to the advice of Joshua Rainbow, a longtime
fruitarian, who says that loss of teeth os a good thing, that it is a sign
of your body ridding itself of its carnivorous traits ;)

Cheers,
Kirt