RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Mon, 9 Nov 1998 07:17:07 -0800
Hi  :)

I just joined this list last night in the hope of finding some
folks who also believe in eating raw fish as part of their raw
foodism.  I've been annoyed by definitions given on some web-
sites, definitions that say "raw foodism" is always vegetarian
and that anyone who eats raw meat is an instincto.  Sorry, but
that ain't quite true, is it?  I can see from my first batch of
posts that I'm in good company.

I can also see I've come in on a big discussion about those wild
Nature's First Law guys.  I'll go back to the archives and check
that out.  I saw them at the San Francisco Raw Food Expo in
September and... well... let's just say for now that I have
mixed feelings about those guys.

By way of introduction, I should say that I got into raw foodism
in 1982 or so when I happened across Elizabeth & Elton Baker's THE
UNCOOK BOOK in my school library.  (Amazing that it was there, eh?)
I haven't much spine, so I've been on and off it ever since, but my
health has been really declining the past few years (I'm 35) so I
think it's time to get serious.  It's about time!  My favorite raw
author is Joe Alexander -- a great, entertaining writer and a hell
of a nice guy.

OK.  Enough blathering.  :)

Carol
Santa Cruz, CA