RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
AARONLIFE <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 25 May 1998 16:26:00 EDT
<< If I remember right, someone on the list has been promoting flax oil
recently  (AARONLIFE I think?) - >>

I don't think it was me, if it was, I'm surprised.  I think what I said was
that Some people can supposedly produce long chain fatty acids from it, and
maybe it's beneficial for Some people for it's EFA's, or whatever, but Some
people do not seem to be able to produce long chain fatty acids from flax,
and so they would need to eat things like fish, whether they like it or not ;).
Flax is NOT a substitute for fish, as I think I mentioned Cousens was trying
to assert in his book.  The two are entirely different animals :)

Personally, I'd rather eat fish than drink oil, the prior one is natural.
Funny, too, I'd rather eat fish than avos or nuts most of the time.  Lately,
I Really don't want avos or nuts at all.

aaron