RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Nieft / Secola <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 7 May 1997 05:55:18 -0600
JL?:
>> So, I don't think that 1 meal/week with "artificial" bananas can
>> "cause" polio or weaken the immune system so much...

Karl:
>I suppose that it is possible. It depends on how the bananas
>were grown. Often, especially in Africa, dung from men and
>animals is used in the garden. A friend of mine once ordered
>some fruits and vegetables from acquaintance in Africa. All
>of it had a fecal taste and smell. She had to throw all of it
>away. And it is known that some diseases are spread by the
>dung of animals. Another friend of mine got worms -- probably
>because she has a garden that was formerly fertilized with
>cowpats and/or other animal dung.

Karl, you are jumping several logical barriers here, but what is the
alternative? That wild chimps succomb to disease even if they "shouldn't"
acoording to instincto theory? Bananas don't cause polio.

JL?:
>> BTW, Flo, an elderly female chimp in Gombe, had almost completely worn
>> out teeth... and that was before the guilty bananas, with 100%
>> instinctive nutrition.

Karl:
>Yes, I read about that, too. But Flo was really old, then.
>And the life out there is totally rough.

Maybe it's time to read your Goodal again. And this time with an open mind.
Cherry-picking anthropology to support instincto theory while ignoring huge
issues (like the ravages of polio, canabalism, etc.) is intellectually
suspect.

Cheers,
Kirt