RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Meredith Westfall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 20 Nov 1996 08:37:33 -0500 (EST)
Hello all,
As I sit here, I know that I need to do some simplification in my life in
the area of food.  I am thinking of having monomeals for a short while
(specific time undetermined). I'd like to have three different items each
day.  One thing in the morning, then soemthing for lunch and then
dinner.  The question is (more out of curiosity than anything else) what
three foods would you choose. To make it even more
hypothetical....imagine you are going on a sailing trip for a week or two
and could only bring three different food items, what would they be?

I'm seeing for myself how insidious the 20-30% cooked componenet of my diet
has been. At first, it was pretty clear that I was sticking to those
guidelines I had set for myslef. next thing I know, they are being
stretched and I see that my cooked food intake is much more than that.
Boy, I am feeling like a pig-literally.  Where did I read that farmers
feed pigs cooked food to fatten them up.  Isn't that the truth.  It's a
whole cycle that I need to break.  I eat cooked food which makes me feel
crappy>I wake up the next morning feeling heavy and think I'll forego the
gym cuz I feel so gross (big mistake)>So, I don't go to the gym and feel
even crappier> which leads me to eat more cooked food cuz "I'm getting
back on track tomorrow".  I am seeing that for me good health is much
more transient than permanent especially if mindfulness falters.

The most positive thing about this is that I am even more convinced at
how vile the SAD diet is, and I can hear my body screaming out for mercy!
Making that jump to 100% raw has been very hard for me.  I don't want to
say that I'm going to be raw for the rest  of my life, but I would rather
chose to be 80% because I had been at 100% raw and it didn't work for me
rather than never having had the experience.  I'll never know unless I
try it myself.
My question for those who've gotten there, was there a turning point or
some impetus that inspired you to get from less than 100% to 100%.  How
many tried did it take, or was it cold turkey and that was that.  I am
findind (or rather accepting) that I am not one who manages moderation
very well and that is probably why the 20% isn't the best plan for me
right now.  Who knows, it may change in the future.

Any insight will be happily accepted.
Take Care,
Porky  AKA Meredith