RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Stefan Jöst <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 21 May 2000 11:35:36 +0200
Hi Kirt,

[about instincto and paleo children]
You wrote:
>The
>problem is getting truthful reporting as instincto parents (and paleo
>parents) will probably under-report problems and over-report robust
health.

Well yes. So far I know only one little boy whom I see frequently.
After three years where mainly the mother cared for him he became a
terrible demanding child which always expected every wish of him to
fulfill. He couldn't tolerate if something went in another direction.
Shortly after the father engaged more, this ugly phenomen was gone.
Healthwise he seems to do very well - no doctor seen up to now. And
he now is around 3.5 years old.

>It may comfort you to know that if I do run into any health problems I
>would return to instincto as a matter of course--kind of the first thing
>try, eh?

Yes, if something went wrong I first would let go little enhance-
ments of my own, like eating three proteins in the evening. Just
retur-
ning to the roots.

>Previously, I was, for some reason, interested in being as "pure"
>as possible--presently, I am more interested in seeing what I can get away
>with.;)

Being pure has never been my interest, but being healthy was and is!
I'm always asking what I can get away with something. Even in the
daily
work in my company. I ignore things that are done for gaining status
and attention. Very non-diplomatic (and pollyanna-like supposedly).

>Life is grand. I wish I could have several lifetimes!

Man, you have! Read "conversations with god" by Neale D. Walsch. It's
all explained there.

>And also to make up for my own
>overboard "instincto is everything" message in the past.

Come up, the past is the past. You are living here and now. No compen-
sation necessary.

>Further, I find that much of my historic
>overenthusiasm for instincto was subject to a simple mechanism: I would
>feel less alienated (and distrustful of the world) if I could get other
>people to 1] see how great it is and do it, and 2] see how cool I
>supposedly was for doing it.

Ah well, here come again the social reasons. There was a time when I
felt alienated to the cooked world. This is over. I just feel being a
part of this big game and if others eat in another way it's just their
way of living. It's not my way any longer but maybe for them it's
helpful.

>jean-claude appears to hate the world in many
>ways--kind of the fruitarian rap only worse because he feels so superior
>it.

We are having different impressions here.

>he is simply prostelytising for instincto--regardless that he
>continues to have his old health problems and apparently some new ones as
>well. But on and on the triumphant talk marches on several lists.

Hm, let's approach this again from the practical side like I always
do:
Have you got any hints for him to get rid of his remaining ailments?

>Calling his bluff doesn't work--apparently he has a pretty air-tight
>defense built up with all his ideas.

The instincto idea has its air-tight defense ready, I have to admit.
If it can't be blamed to buying bad commercial quality or not obeying
to the food combination rules, it finally is attributed to your
ancestors
with their terribly unhealthy living style which let them degenerate.
Well, degeneration is a fact (pottengers cats) but to blame everything
to the above three reasons is obviously too much.

>So, how about it, Stefan. How about some Euro-gossip on the instinctos you
>run with and/or have heard about. Good, bad, ugly. Let's hear some new
>stuff. ;)

I will try my best.

Instinctive greetings,

Stefan