RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"Roberta J. Leong" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 14 Dec 1998 07:50:40 -0800
Hi Leah,

Menses are a part of normal healthy adult human female life.  Why anyone would
say otherwise is beyond me.

> I am new to raw-foodism (2 months) and have missed my cycle twice
> already.  I had no reason to believe I was pregnant, but did a home
> pregnancy test last week (to be on the safe side) and it came back
> negative.  I've just read something from "Life in the 21st Century" that
> my nutritionist gave me, saying that menstration is not something
> natural, and that women don't necessarily have to get it (that it is
> another way of the body to get rid of toxins).

Abnormal  or missing menses are a sign something is not right .  Unless you are
near menopause age (40's to 50's normally), it is probably a sign your body is
nutrient deficient.  Are you getting plenty of iron and protein and fats?

regards
roberta