RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Gregg M Burton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 5 Apr 1998 21:19:21 -0700
Hi Peter!!!

> Greg:

Who's Greg? - Oh! You mean Gregg!!! - :)

>> I'm so glad you were inspired by the discussion from last month about
>> Ball Lightning etc..  I really just wanted to share with Everyone a bit
>> about Myself, My Experiences, and some what I've done and why etc..
>
> It doesn't interest me who you know or how you came to be here. I want to
> know if you will stand in the center of the fire with me and not shrink back.
> It doesn't interest me where or what and with whom you have studied.
> I want to know what sustains you from the inside when all else falls away. ;-)

 - :| :] :} :) ;>

>> The Invitation - by Oriah Mountain Dreamer, Indian Elder -
>> ttp://www.io.com/~rga/saying72.html - It was the first one.  Another
>> one showed Oriahe Mountain Dreamer but all the rest used "Oriah" so I'm
>> sure that's what it is and that you probably just misspelled it.
>
> Thanks for finding this info.  I transcribed the poem from an audio tape
> which is why I got the names wrong.

Oh! Who was speaking by the way, Oriah or someone else, and is Oriah
Male of Female if you know, and where did you get the tape by the way?

>> Oriah can be reached at:
>> 300 Coxwell Ave. Box 22546
>> Toronto, Ontario Canada M4L 2A0
>
> Great, I will order the book.

I might too, I just want to know a bit more about the book.  So I went
to Infoseek and Searched using "Confessions of a Spiritual Thrillseeker"
and got 3 Listings: The first didn't work anymore, the second was the
one I gave you last time, and the third was:

USGenWeb Oklahoma Indian Territory Potawatomi Indian Tribe -
http://tri.net/~kheidel/nativeamer/index.html

and at the end of the Page I found:
-----
Oriah Mountain Dreamer is ...

Confessions of a Spiritual Thrillseeker : Medicine Teachings from the
Grandmothers by Oriah Mountain Dreamer

Published by Moonfox Press
Publication date: October 1991
ISBN: 0969536119
-----
So I guess she's a Female - That answers that!!!

I also went to Amazon.com and it said:
-----
Availability: This title is out of print. It is no longer available from
the publisher; we'll query our network of used bookstores for you and
send an update within a week.
-----
So I guess it's off to the Used Bookstore Network to find it or maybe we
can contact Oriah herself to see if she has anymore or extra copies; but
I'm sure if we want to find it we will and can.

>> I've noticed I just about always get to meet people I want without really
>> have to try - Which is really Cool!!!
>
> Being socially phobic I tend to meet the people I want to avoid. ;-)

 - Hahaha!!! - :)!!!

>> - Take Care My Friend!!!
>> - And Keep On Feeling And Being Inspired!!!
>> - To Life, Love, Health, and Freedom!!!
>> - Bye For Now!!!
>> - Gregg!!!
>>"...there was a shimmering...and he was gone."
>
> Greg, go a little easy on your signature if you could.  In the archives I
> am trimming them down to two or three lines.

This was a Special Occasion so to speak I felt and so did my more Normal
Sign Off that I do when sending a Message to a Friend, so you won't have
to worry about me doing this anymore like in the past since I got your
Post about it before - :)

 - Take Care My Friend!!!

 - Gregg!!!