RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ben Odom <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 11 Jul 1998 22:19:54 -0500
Hello all:

(A little background on this one):
Since I have switched to a mainly raw animal foods diet, my body has become
quite sensitive/allergic to many cooked/processed foods.  As such, I usually
cannot even tolerate dried herbal supplements (i cannot find them fresh).
This includes spirulina and a host of other "natural" supplements.

Recently, after searching around and reading about people's experiences with
"barleygreen," I decided to give it a try just to see how my body reacted to
it.  Well, the results are in.  About three hours after consuming one
teaspoon of AIM's Barleygreen powder, my body flipped out.  I became very
dizzy, irritable, and had lots of gas and an irritated stomach.

In general I have come to understand that I need to stick with the simple
foods that I do much better on, but I also have a question.  Upon further
inspection of the Barleygreen powder, it noted that it contained Malodextrin
(i assume as a preservative).  What is malodextrin, how is it made/obtained,
and what are its potential effects on our body, good or bad?

Thanks,

Ben