RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Tue, 25 Sep 2001 07:07:22 -0700
Several versions of the following piece are making the e-rounds.  This is
the one that I got:

Afghans are citizens. Only a few are terrorists. An attack on Afghan
citizenry is likely to create support for and further justify terrorist
attacks on the USA.

Why haven’t Afghans overthrown the Taliban? They are starved, exhausted,
hurt, incapacitated, suffering.  A few years ago, the United Nations
estimated that there are 500,000 disabled orphans in Afghanistan. It is a
country with no economy or food, has suffered 3 years of drought, and
harbors millions of widows. The Taliban has buried widows alive in mass
graves. The soil is littered with land mines and their farms were destroyed
during Soviet occupation. The Afghan people do not have the resources to
overthrow anyone.

Instead, bomb Afghanistan with butter, wholesome food, music, celebration,
help, and kindness.  The cost would be much less than war and poses no
threat of US or Afghan casualties.

Bomb them with information: video players and cassettes of world leaders,
including Islamic, condemning terrorism, showing the horror of terrorism.
Blitz them with laptop computers, internet access to information, including
feminist equality in their language so that they can understand what the
Taliban does not want them to know. Bomb them with so much hope that the
Taliban can't confiscate and hide it all.

Humans rarely bite the hands that feed and entertain them. If we remove
their despair and ignorance, there is hope for peace and alignment that
accepts religious differences.

Compiled and edited from the writings of UC Berkeley professor Tamim Ansary,
Kent Madin, Bill Perk and Aajonus Vonderplanitz.