RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Denis PEYRAT <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 5 Apr 1997 06:16:53 +0200 (MET DST)
If you bear with me a few more days (one week at the latest) I will gladly
respond to Bruno's reply to my original message. In my message and in order
to demonstrate Bruno's ambivalence and   hypocrisy  vis a vis Burger (
basiaclly how he accuses him in  private conversations,  but never dares to
commit himself to writing these accusations  ),  I will include a :

- report on Bruno Comby's private  indictment of Burger Metapsychanalysis
- report on Bruno Comby's private indictment of Burger in general.

Also ,and in order to sustantiate my claims on his "special character", I
will report on

-  private phone conversations with Bruno Comby
-  general information on  Bruno's image  amongst French instinctos .
-  other relevant  information on Bruno Comby

While so doing I will necessarily  have to breach  ethical standards ( I
will not however include any details on Bruno's private life ). For this
reason , and because  I'm presently being accused by Peter to turn  this
list  into a "soap opera",  I will  not send this reply  to the mailing list
but rather to all those who will have requested it formally  by sending me a
personal mail . Peter will be de facto recipient). Of course if there aren't
enough people interested, I might as well not write the message and just
quit the list.

Following this message I will await Peter's  decision concerning my
exclusion from the list before obviously  sending  more messages.

The sense and  philosophy of these messages will be  that  everybody should
be allowed to receive any information which can help him  gauge the
sincerity of those who make their ideas known to a vast public.

In case I would be excluded following my message, I want to make the
following announcement :

I'm glad to report that the Center for the History and Philosophy of Hygiene
will  issue its first newsletter in French in the coming months. The Center
has been set up in 1997 on private funds to preserve the  memory of the
great authors in the field of  Food and Drink hygiene.  The library now
contains the largest collection of books from the personal library of Dr
Paul Carton (1878-1945), France's most famous hygienist and  occultist,
including a complete collection of his writings. The center  is presently in
the process of acquiring additional collections on Alcohol and Temperance in
France and abroad.

Amongst the main subjects of interests of the Center are :
 - The idea of food instinct and its gradual evolution since Paracelsus
 - Biography and  Bibliography of Clara Davis MD (1878-1949)
 - Darwinians and Food psychology.
 - Grace and Instinct in the religious debate.
 - Puritans foodways.
 - Various Biographies .
The first newsletter will feature an article on the mad cow disease as
recounted in some XIX c./XXth c. century books, and the  transcription of
the opening speech of the first american  association  of instinctive raw
eaters in Chicago (1921). Subscription price is not yet known. The purpose
of the newsletter is to  allow the re-publication of texts which are
relevant  for contemporary study of food hygiene.

The center's goal is to allow readers to develop a critical eye of extant
medical litterature, including from so-called naturopaths, in order to
reevaluate their personal contribution in the sphere of ideas.

Cheers
Denis