RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Nieft / Secola <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 16 Oct 1996 16:52:45 -0700
Shawn:
>BTW, what malaria medications did you use there (if any)?  I have been
>doing some major detoxing this year, so along with the raw diet,
>hopefully I won't have to worry much about viral and bacterial infections.

I never used any; never got malarial symptoms. I only mention it because
there was a time when instinctos would boast that they were essentially
immune to every bacterial/viral trouble in existence, but strict instinctos
_have_ become seriously ill from malaria, with at least one reported to
have died (I know no details).

I don't know the specifics of the medications. The idea is to say yes to
medicine if you become ill with malaria. Follow the recommended medication
regime. Personally I would not take the medicine until I had severe
symptoms--ie I would not take the regime before or during travel until I
become ill. But everyone must, of course, decide these things for
themselves.

That said, I seriously doubt that everyone (cooked or raw) who contracts
malaria  will die from it w/o meds, but folks should know that there are
cases where raw folks have died.

Enjoy the other side of the world, Shawn!

Kirt