RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Michael Clingman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 13 Feb 1997 00:42:51 -0500 (EST)
On Wed, 12 Feb 1997, Vegetarian Resource Center wrote:

> {NOTE:  Ramadan (Muslim) holiday - time of fasting
> during the day, and feasting at night - has just ended.
> I don't know what vegetarian traditions there might
> be there that are peculiar to Ramadan.}

In my observation of people doing this I think it can create constipation.
The daily fasting reduces peristalsis.  Then the person overeats, often
junk type food, which isn't good for the system either.

At least that was the situation with one friend of mine.  She died from a
cancer relapse.  I had recommended colonics to her a number of times
(before the relapse) but she was too squeemish to get one.  Her health
gradually deteriorated and then the cancer came back.  She went through a
chronic painful bladder infection before that.  This type of thing is
always hard for me to understand, years of suffering she could handle but
not a colonic. It was pretty clear to me that her system was pretty toxic
- just from the smell of her breath.  And a toxic system is eventually
going to develop serious problems - its just putting too much of a load on
the organs.  A colonic can really help clear that type of stuff out and
detox the system, not just the colon but the blood and lymph as well.

I visited her a few days before she died at the nursing home.  It was
pretty memorable.  It was incredible to me what a person can go through.
We didn't talk much as she was only semi-concious but I felt we were able
to communicate on an energetic level.  She died a few days later.  I
bumped into the same friend who had told me about the nursing home who
told me about the funeral arrangements for the next day.  (What's odd is
that I hadn't seen this friend for a long time, ran into her twice at this
time, and haven't seen her since, other than the funeral.)  So I took off
work and went.

Being Jewish I had never been to a moslem funeral before.  (Actually I've
only been to one other funeral before - an aged neighbor in the apartment
complex here.)  The deceased friend had been born Jewish but had converted
to Islam.  I had only known her after she converted.  The priest (?) gave
a moving sermon and many of the men cried.  (The women were in another
room.)  We all stood in lines and did some sort of meditation/prayer.
Then they loaded the casket into a hearse and we all followed it to the
cemetary.  We hung around, maybe said some prayers (don't remember
exactly)  and then they lowered the casket in the ground.  We all threw
dirt into the grave.  It was just hard for me to comprehend that this
person I knew was dead, was in this coffin being put in a cement box in a
hole in the ground.