RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Tiina Makela <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 21 Jun 1996 12:45:28 +0300 (EET DST)
>From: Pierre Gaumond <[log in to unmask]>
>Thanks for giving your exact coordinates, my nuclear rockets were pointing
>exactly there, but since you are there, I will have to reprogram the
>coordinates. :-)

Oh, great. Thank you for saving me. :-)

>I must admit I don't know the coordinates of Montreal, where I live. The
>"longitude west" should be close to that of New-York and since Montreal is
>about 400 miles north of NY, it should be about 6 degrees N more. One degree
>corresponds to about 70 miles (112.4 km).

>So, Tiina, you live about 112 km south of the Arctic Circle since it is at 67N
>(earth inclination is 23 degrees).

No. Now I measured the distance from a map and I live exactly 50 km
south of the AC.

>The fact that you are living in a very northern place has something very
>interesting because people usually believe that those who live in cold places
>like you do should eat a lot, and a lot of fatty foods, proteins, meat, etc...

No, no, no. I think I have to remind that this is not Siberia. And I guess
there`s no need of fatty foods in Siberia either.

>I think you understand what I mean. For the benefit of all, could you tell us
>(as well as you can) what you eat and approximately how much. How many meals do
>you eat a day? Most subscribers are living in "much" warmer climates than you
>and still believe they have to eat a lot to have enough energy to keep one's
>body warm. What is your viewpoint on all this?

I have always wondered people`s worry about keeping their body
warm. Last winter (which was very cold) I ate for several weeks
100 % raw vegan foods with no major problem in keeping myself warm.
Maybe I am a "warm-blooded" person (barefooded round the year at home)
or is it because of regular exercises (running, gym training, aerobics)
I do that keep my body warm.

I have posted some information about my diet to this list before, but
couldn`t find it now. It is much like Ann Wigmore -style.
I will write more about it as I come back from my summer
vacation.

>> I don`t know whether to cry or laugh today: I planted my tomato seedlings
>> outside this week and today it is snowing! Only +1 degree Celsius and it is
>> the middle of June!

>Poeple in northern areas of Quebec use to say: "Here, there are only two
>seasons: winter and July 15" (meaning that summer is very short). BTW, Tiina,
>June 21 (or close to it) is the longest day of year in northern hemisphere. Do
>you know approximately how many hours of daylight you have these days? Here in
>Montreal, it's at least 16 hours (close to 16:30). Try beeets, I was told they
>can grow in 45 days (?).

It is Midsummer Eve today. I checked this from the newspaper:
NO SUNSET today in my town! It is nice 19 degrees Celsius and
the sun is shining in the blue sky. You know the night of the
midnight sun makes us crazy ;-).

Tiina