RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
[log in to unmask] (Rene Beresford)
Date:
Thu, 31 Oct 1996 19:43:25 +1000
Thank you Doug for your comments. I am aware that most of the writers I
mentioned, and others, are not necessarily fruitarians or predominantly
fruitarians.  But they do give credit to the fact that we are frugivores and
that the ideal is the "pinnacle" of raw foods, the fruit diet.   The Life
Hygiene lessons, established by Shelton, for instance, give plenty of
evidence that he favoured the fruitarian diet.  This does not mean to say
that they not practise other areas, as Kulvinskas did with sprouting.  I
wouldn't say anything against sprouting, or vegetables (raw) as I myself
started off middle '85 on predominantly raw food and only in March '87
predominantly fruit, while only in the latter years I have virtually all
fruit.   It just has been a natural evolvement and I have never forced
myself in any way to reach this stage, it became an automatic process, I
just let it go and flow with it. I must admitt that I live in near ideal
conditions of tropical weather, fresh air, availability of a great variety
of good fruit, sunshine, exercise etc.  I am very aware of the many
difficulties of others who WANT to try to become predominant fruitarians and
make it a goal, and as long as this is done in a gradual way, a take it easy
attitude, in a natural way, many get to a high level.
Through the Fruitarian Network I also know that there are many people who
are not 'ready' or 'capable' of eating MAINLY fruit (not ALL!!) but who, to
quote just from one letter: " It's so far out, but in my heart KNOW it's a
path I was meant to walk and I KNOW it's the wave of the future".   This
comes from a 16 yrs of age American girl and it expresses the sentiments of
many others, in Australia here and from other parts of the world.
I am always concerned when people want to "DO IT" and want to "TRY" and get
suddenly over to a fruit diet and low and behold, fail along the way.  This
is really my main concern.  I trust you understand, because by doing that
they do not only harm to themselves but to the fruitarian path for others,
well, even to the raw food path for many others.
What you mention about glygogen and calories, true, hence we have to watch
that we not 'overeat', not even on fruit!  This goes for anything really.
Anyhow, it is nice and good to see so many interested in the natural raw
foods, I believe in simplicity, not being too scientific about the diet, but
focus a lot on what goes on in nature, what is natural and our
(unfortunately) little bit of natural nature and wild animals there is left,
this is our example.
Indeed, not every one diet is good for all, as the human race has
degenerated so much over the ages and each individual is of different
constitution.  I have a beautiful example on this (a 2 year experience) in
case anyone is interested in hearing the story.   I thank you for the
valuable input, I would like to hear about Dr Edward Howell's theories.
All the best in good health.   Rene.