RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Sun, 8 Feb 1998 06:15:04 -0800
I had my son tested over a year ago for allergies, he had a blood test that
tests for antibodies to various foods.

He tested highly allergic to wheat and dairy, as well as beef.

My question is, I have had him completely off all gluten products and dairy
products. Do I need to keep him off beef products such as pemmican?

He has had continuous problems with digestion including constipation and
diarrhea. The beef  pemmican is one of the most digestible foods as it is
digested mostly in the stomach rather than further down, it leaves very few
byproducts for harmful microbes to feed on.

My worry is, I am wondering if he still has antibodies to beef. Sometimes he
acts a little drunk after eating beef, but I can't be sure if it is the beef
or something else.  As I understand it, the antibodies attack the beef
proteins and can inflame his brain.

I think his digestive tract is less permeable now but am afraid some
undigested molecules may escape and inflame brain tissues.

As we lighten the load on our immune systems by staying away from foreign
proteins like wheat, does this also improve our immune systems so that we no
longer produce as many antibodies to more natural proteins like beef??

Do I need to get another allergy test? And how much faith do you in the know
(Don, Ray, etc) have in these allergy tests? (blood tests that test for food
antibodies)

Thanks in advance,

Mary

ps I feel that pemmican is extremely nutritious being in addition a raw
food. Has anyone had any luck with other forms of pemmican like turkey, or
any other meat? So far I can find nothing that works as well as beef as far
as drying it and turning it into a powder.

I feel caught in a gigantic Catch 22-- one of the most digestible foods is
pemmican, but it is made out of a protein that he may be allergic to.