RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Liza May <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 26 Jun 1999 18:38:27 -0400
Hi Lucia,

> I've been eating alot of cherries lately and have been getting
> headaches afterwards. has anyone here had similar experience?
> they taste delicious to me and I eat a whole bag in one sitting easily.

A whole bag is a LOT of cherries. First of all, it's a LOT of sugar,
if that is an issue for you.

Secondly, that's a LOT of citric acid, a substance to which many
people are allergic. Do you get a headache when you eat a whole lot
of grapefruit, grapes, kiwi, mangos, pineapples, strawberries; or
drink a lot of fruit juice; or eat a lot of tomatoes or a lot of
white potatoes? Or eat a COMBINED lot of any of these things? The
fact that you crave cherries may be an indication that you are
allergic (or intolerant or sensitive - whatever you want to call
it). I often find that people's "cravings" are the best indicator of
which foods they are allergic to.

Love Liza
--
[log in to unmask] (Liza May)