RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Micaela Hoskins <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 6 Oct 1998 00:53:08 +0100
Becky,

Welcome to the list.

David and Annie Jubb used to be found at the Raw Restaurant in San
Francisco.  They sold the Restaurant to new owners, and it is now called the
Raw Experience.  I'm sure the new owners can tell you where to find the
Jubbs and the Restaurant has carried the Jubbs books, I believe I got a
cookbook there about 4 months ago.  Another partner of theirs, Juliano will
be have a book released in the main stream in the next few months.
I don't know of any materials specifically dealing with raw food for
toddlers.  However, I am a big fan of energy soup.  This is basically a
variety of vegetables blended in a mixer.  Zucchini, Carrot, Avocado,
Sunflower sprouts, Apple, Lemon juice  and Dulse(in the mixer, do the hard
vegetable first, then the softer ones, add sprouts and seasoning at the end.
Lots of variations, depending on what is in the refrigerator.)  The small
amounts of Carrot and Apple should make it more palatable for your child.
I'm not sure how you feel about meat, but when I was 2 I loved raw hamburger
(and I still do).  I would only feed a two year old, fresh, no antibiotics,
no hormone, beef  from organically feed cattle and I then to assure quality
I would grind it myself at home.

Micaela