RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Jean-Louis Tu <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 29 Apr 1997 11:32:22 +0200 (MET DST)
Stefan:

> 1.  A feeling that my stomach is full

Often happens, but I don't always listen to the stop soon enough. It
may indicate that your stomach stopped secreting gastric fluids.

> 2.  I am satisfied and don't want to continue
> 3.  My stomach gives a feeling as if it has become a hard knot and can't
>     take in any further food

Same remarks.

> 4.  I am biting into my lips/into the mucous membrans of my mouth. If I
>     continue it occurs more and more
> 5.  I let drop my fruit. Also occurs more and more if I continue

Happens to me too: shows that I pay less attention to the food, sonce
it is less pleasant. 5] happens with nuts or dates.

> 6.  A scratching feeling in my throat
> 7.  My lips stick together as if I had eaten an adhesive

Maybe a lack of saliva secretion (happens with nuts, for instance)

> 8.  I swallow the wrong way. See 4.

see 4.

> 9.  A burning feeling on my tongue or in my throat

It may be the same kind of instinctive stop that occurs with
pineapples. I sometimes have a burning sensation with kiwifruits,
honey, dates.

> 10. My mouth becomes so dry that it is impossible to continue

see 6. If I continue eating dried nuts, some bits will insert between
two teeth, which causes pain in the gums, and even bleeding.

> 11. The muscles of my jaw seem to tire. Most often if eating hard vegetable> s.
>     It is more and more difficult to chew

Maybe less saliva is secreted, and maybe you are less willing to make
the effort of chewing.

> 12. I make mistakes when opening another fruit. E.g. instead of cracking the
>     next nut I jam my fingers; instead of cutting the next piece of a sweet
>     potato I cut into my hand

See 4. But it happens to me too when I am so eager to eat that I
manipulate my knife too quickly.

> 13. I have no strength anymore to crack another nut, to get out one more
>     piece of a jackfruit and so on

See 11.

> 14. The food in my mouth doesn't change its taste but it changes its
>     consistency: it becomes slimy, glibbery, sticky, ... (always unpleasant> )

Probably a change in the salivary composition.

> 15. The mucous membrans of my mouth or by tongue become etched by the food
>     and protest.

Do you mean the sensation with pineapples, onions or cabbage?

> 16. I must cough. See 4.

Happens with grains of cereals.
I would add:

 17. eat more and more slowly

and B. Comby would add:
18. My hands are not swift enough to catch any more grasshoopers.

Best wishes of clear instinctive stops,

Jean-Louis.