RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ellie Rotunno <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 21 Sep 1997 18:30:56 -0700
 Tom:
> If we eat raw food because we are in fear of, or hate, other foods, because
> they are cooked, contain protein, or promote mucus, then we don't have a
> diet - we have an eating disorder (or an ED in progress).

It is however possible to recognize that cooked food contains toxins,
like AGE's, which are in themselves harmful, stimulatory, and will set up
cravings. It is possible to avoid cooked food, not out of hate, but
because one recognizes that they are not heallthy. This does not
constitute an eating disorder.

It is also possible to enjoy previously addicting foods, like sugar,
because they are tasty and needed by the body, not because of any
cravings. I  am recovering from my overeating and losing my cravings
because I am will to get in touch with and feel the painful emotions I
repressed most of my life and covered up with food.

My best, Ellie