RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Jean-Louis Tu <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 29 Jun 1999 18:28:29 +0200
Just a short note re: odors. I have never had a bad breath problem,
but I noticed that my stools smell
- very foul after eating "raw" cashews or pistachios (which are
actually
  not raw).
- foul after eating a meal that was not well-combined, whether cooked
  or raw; or if I eat too much fruit (which causes diarrhea).
- unpleasant, but not excessively unpleasant, otherwise.

Re: cooked vegetables. In the Raw vs. Cooked article

http://www.beyondveg.com/tu-j-l/raw-cooked/raw-cooked-1a.shtml

we didn't mention that some people like Paul don't tolerate certain
cooked foods (in his case, cooked vegetables). I believe that
such intolerances are rare, and that most people can do well with a
little amount of cooked food (meat or vegetables) in their diet.
However, as eating raw may be of extreme importance for people with
chronic illnesses, or with a very weak immune system, we may consider
adding this fact in a revised version of the article in the (distant)
future.

--Jean-Louis Tu <[log in to unmask]>