RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Tue, 20 Nov 2001 07:10:54 -0800
Hello all,

I think the source of your raw meat and fish is very important.
From time to time I eat a lot of raw fish and jerky meats.  I eat
fish from at good sushi restaurants, Japanese grocers and friends
who have fresh fish from fishing trips.  I do not eat any other
raw fish and would not feel comfortable doing so.  Supermarkets
have fish sold as "fresh fish" but when inquiring it is not
fresh, it just means it is not previously frozen.  It could be
caught and butchrered 1-3 days ago and that is not fresh.  I
trust my senses too -- fish that is not fresh smells spoiled to
me.

Also, I make jerky from fresh meat and buy from a grocer that has
a butcher shop that has meat from animals raised and slaughtered
in clean conditions  - raised without antibiotics, hormones or
filthy conditions and handled in as clean a manner as possible at
butchering (or at least so I am told).

I am slacking off these days and am eating more cooked foods.  I
have notice it makes me gain weight - I went on vacation recently
and raw was not always available.  But taking the weight off has
not been a problem when reverting to a raw foods diet, thank
goodness - most of my extended family is really too fat and I
don't want to be like that - they always told me it is genetic
(hah!).

regards
Jean