RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Marjolein Hoekstra <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 11 Oct 1999 15:23:29 +0200
Mark Hovila said:

> What kind of sprouts are you eating? I got the worst stomachache
> in my life
> after eating soy sprouts, which I have since learned are high in toxins.
> You might try to avoid all bean sprouts for a while. Also pay
> attention to
> food combinations, which may contribute to digestive problems. Much of
> your problem may also be due to old undigested fecal matter in your
> intestines which will eventually get dislodged through raw foods, fasting,
> and/or colon cleanses.

Yes, Mark, thank you.
 I think you're pointing into the right direction. The sprouts I've
been
trying to eat were buckwheat, wheat, garbanzo, aduki, katjang (the
small
green ones) etc. For me it's hard to tell which one causes the
problem,
because I almost always put several foods into one dish. Sometimes I
even
think it's not any particular food that causes the gas, just the fact
that I
am eating again with 2 or 3 hours. This gives me the idea I should
wait
longer between meals. Regarding fasting I am a bit hesitant. I don't
have
any knowledge about it. In the message before this one I already
indicated I
am taking a lot of food supplements. Should I stop taking these as
well
during fasting? How can you tell the fasting is successful? I am not
that
good (yet) at 'listening' to my body.
About food combinations: do you mean protein / carbohydrates
combinations?
I'd say this wouldn't be that much of an issue with eating raw food,
or
would it? Or do you mean food combinations in general, just finding
out
which foods go easy and which ones do not?
I read a lot about raw food on the web, but in the Netherlands I don't
know
anybody who's familiar with the subject. Most friends I talk to about
it
smile in a friendly manner and think I'm crazy anyway. They think I'm
obsessed with food (which is partially true).

I'll dive a bit further into the topic of fasting and colon cleansing.
From
time to time I'll post messages to let you know how I am doing.

Kind regards and thanks again.

Marjolein