RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Liza May <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 16 Feb 1998 15:33:07 EST
Stefan,

<< And of course the (supposedly careless) removal of your lower jaw fillings
gave you quite a lot of intoxification. It's almost unavoidable even if great
care is taken.  >>

If this is true, then I wonder what effects this intoxification have had - no
particularly obvious symptoms stand out in my memory.  Supposedly this dentist
took as much care as is possible - swiping the whole mouth and throat with
chlorella, using a rubber dam, also an air pump to suck all the released
gasses into a tank, and he an the nurse wore gas masks.  It all looked very
impressive, at any rate.

Are you convinced that mercury really poses a significant hazard? I had my
fillings removed, and I guess will have the others removed too just to be on
the safe side, but niothing I've read really seems to definitively show that
there is any significant risk associated with mercury in amalgams.

<< That's a lot if it is really water and I haven't heard of similar cases of
people who avoid salt. That's a riddle to me.

Me too. i'm pretty certain that it is water, since I lose this amount of
weight very quickly, like I say, within a week (or even 5 or 6 days) - and I
feel so much less bloated in my eyes, fingers, knees and ankles.  It is
frustrating, because sometimes I think that the only time I'm not holding
water like this is when I'm not eating at all.

<< But how about finding out the reason by going to a fast and then rein-
troducing one food after another slowly so that you can see which food causes
this?

Good idea. I've tried this, but not very well.  I am OK for three days, (when
I am eating only small amounts of fruit) and then sometime around the fourth
day after a fast, when my hunger comes back ful force and I begin eating
lettuce, celery, sprouts, etc. the edema begins, and just keeps going with the
addition of every new food.

<< If seaveggies are tasting great for you   a n d   you have a reliable
source for truly raw unprocessed quality then it's okay even if they

Stefan, at this point I have really become wary of seaweeds, since like I say,
I can definately see a connection with the swelling and also itchiness around
my eyes and neck.
You asked about my source - its Maine Sea Coast, or Eden, and sometimes (not
as often) I buy in bulk from our local Asian supermarket.

Anyway - thanks for the helpful thoughts.

Love, Liza May ([log in to unmask])