RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Jean-Louis Tu <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 1 Dec 1997 10:26:25 -0500
Casey:

> The only thing I'm worried about is: what are the chances of getting some
> kind of bugs or microbes thru raw flesh, fish for example? And how do you
> personally view cooking? After one reads the Ward's interview it doesn't
> seem such great a sin, does it?

About raw fish, you might want to read the archives
October 1997, "Parasites in saltwater fish"
August 997, "Eating raw fish"

among many others...

From Ward's interview, I would conclude that being 100% raw is not really
important, but I still believe that a healthy diet should be at least 50% raw.
As I have been almost 100% raw for more than 1 year, I just got used to it and I
don't see why I should waste time in cooking, when raw fish (sometimes) tastes
so good. In fact, *no* cooked food has ever matched the pleasure I have
occasionally got with raw and slightly aged mackerel. Even if one day I came
back to cooked food, I would certainly continue to eat some of the raw foods I
currently enjoy.

It is however worth cooking when that improves taste and digestibility (I am
currently cooking a little quantity of broccoli and cauliflower).
I avoid cooked: grains (grains should be eaten raw sprouted and in
moderation),tubers (which have a high glycemic index), cooked nuts (less
digestible), meat, fish, eggs, dairy (since they taste very good in their raw
form).

Best wishes,

Jean-Louis