RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Mon, 12 May 97 15:24:23 -0000
>Hi to all, especially Deborah and Jean-Louis.
>
>Deborah: (from different posts)
>>But Peter, Zephyr has consumed raw animal products (including their fat),
>>for nearly six years, at an approximate rate of three meals weekly,
>>averaging two pounds at each of these meals.  Do you think this intake is
>>inadequate?  Or if so, is it so only because of the counterbalancing
>>impact of his abundant fruit eating?
>..
>>In terms of animal consumption, it seems there's also the question of
>>overpopulation and land use.  Can all five billion of us live in
>>Pangaia-like permacultures and have access to instinctive quality meat?
>>Should this be a criterion by which to evaluate any diet?  I don't know
>>the answers to these questions, but maybe they're worth looking into.
>
>Two pounds of meat, three times a week and for six years! Wow! I am
>thunderstruck! So much! And this together with instinctive nutrition?
>I can't believe it.

Because it's not true.  It was one pound to a pound and a half
approximately three times a week.

>Let me explain the second item. There was a time when I was consuming high
>amounts of raw tuna bought from the best local dealer in my town. I ate it
>ate least one time a week and I consumed app. one pound at each meal. At
>the same time I noticed that I permanently was attracted by grapefruit.
>I need a better word here. Grapefruits are a cross-breeding of oranges and
>another fruit whose name I mean. Anybody who knows? In german it is called
>"Pampelmuse". It's very acidy and sour. It was cross-breeded with oranges
>to make it more sweet.
>So I ate lots of tuna and lots of pampelmuses.
>After some months I found out, that my tuna was frozen. Freezing mostly
>has the effect to delay and weaken the instinctive stop. Sometimes there is no
>stop with frozen foods.

>Important sign, that RAF (meat, fish, eggs) is not instinctive quality:
>After eating it and having a more or less weak stop you feel thirsty. This
>is a strong sign, that you have eaten too much. If you didn't exceed the
>stop this means that your RAF didn't give a correct stop because it was bad
>quality!

Interesting.  But it could also mean one is more hungry for something
than the stomach/intestines can handle and the volume, or silence of the
organs stop is overridden in favor of the taste.

>Back to my story: after ordering tuna from Orkos I was very surprised to
>get an unbreakable stop after a very small amount. This was the first meal
>with good tuna then and it immediately stopped me. I stopped eating tuna
>from then. After some days the attraction of the pampelmuses disappeared.
>Never again from then I could eat them in bigger amounts. Today they
>mostly stop after eating just a part of them.

>So one good food was needed to balance the permanent intake of another bad
>food. I must stress at this point, that freezing is only a weak
>denaturation.
>And even this got me so disbalanced that I needed the acidy fruits. I
>conclude that even smaller amounts of denatured food taken in on a regular basis
>are bad and may get you totally disbalanced, especially if you are not able to
>find a good quality food that does the counterpart.
>
>So another question to Deborah and Zephyr is, whether Zephyr in all these
>six years of extremely high meat eating had some other favorite food he
>was permanently attracted to. Or even several other favorites.

I drank lots of coconuts, as many as 15 a day for my first three years in
Hawaii.  That dwindled but I never changed the source of my meat.  I
remember when I first travelled to the mainland my biggest fear was bein
without fresh coconuts, my titty, not being without meat.  The thing is
Stefan that my diet in Hawaii steadily reduced in quantity with no
significant change in the source of my food.  My bananas and papayas
always came from Pangaia or Andy, an organic farmer next door.  Our Avos
and Cocos always came from many different local wild trees.  Our tuna
always came from fresh, line caught local boats.  Jackfruit, mamey, abiu,
guanabana, rolenia always came from organically grown semi-wild orchards
on Pangaia or within walking distance.  When I bought food from the
market or stores I did notice I'd eat more and feel less satisfied, but
this was not my staple, nor did I become addicted to those foods,
contrarily they became less and less appealing, even without a
replacement fruit.

>My experience shows, that even an extreme attraction fades after at most
>six months (not years). If I would experience a permanent strong attraction
>and high consumption of one food I would start to find out, whether it is
>really instincto quality. I strongly suggest this to anyone who practises
>instinctive nutrition and cannot rely on a supplier like Orkos Diffusion.

Or grow your own?!

>Nature didn't want us to become addicts to certain foods.

Or food distributors?!

>It is highly
>probable that we broke a natural law if we find ourselves being addicted to
>certain foods. The question of the material needed for dental treatment of Zephyr's teeth
>may play also a role. If you get poisoned continuously by this material
>you will develop permanent attraction to foods that can balance this intoxifi-
>cation.

No.  I noticed no change in my consumption from having the dental work or
the anesthesia.  I don't have any leaky things in my mouth that I'm aware
of.  Most of my work is gold and gold mixtures with several composite
fillings.

>>If five billion of us consume as much meat as Zephyr there is no chance
>to get it as instincto quality. His consumption was 2*459*3*52g = 143kg
>per year. This even beats the average intake of german cooked eaters
>(92kg).
>And it may beat the average SADer?

Yeah, but if there were that many insti nctos I'd have a lot more quality
companionship and would be more interested in them than meat.  I
absolutely notice that the more quality relationship I have the less I
eat.  Part of eating, especially meat, is for getting a strong connection
with life.  So I imagine that consumption calculations need to figure in
the emotional (at least until that fabled third generation human
instincto who would not be seduced by non-instinctive signals to eat:-)

That's it,

Zephyr