RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Lucia Ruedenberg Wright <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 1 Oct 1999 21:06:58 -0400
Paul,

> So are you both still eating vegetarian?

I eat fish but he usually won't. I have had dried meat, jerky, and
liked
it. but just a little bit.

> Has he tried sauteeing with coconut oil? From what I've read this is the
> only totally stable at high-temperature natural fat. It's available from
> Omega nutrition. http://www.omegaflo.com/

no, and that's a good idea. thanks for the info. Also, macademia nut
oil,
I understand.

> Has he tried buckwheat or kasha? I haven't had it lately but I find it
> agreeable; if I had to eat vegetarian I would probably be eating quite a
bit
> of it since it is quite filling.

thanks for the suggestions. he avoids wheat. although buckwheat, is
that
wheat? he also tried spelt which was okay for a while. he likes beans
best. he grew up in the south west.

> I got sick one day a week every week of my childhood with splitting
> headaches and vomiting, and I'm sure now it was just my body detoxing
> all the candy, soda  pop, etc. Then after college I fell into a
> depression, and my mom, not knowing any better, would go to the store
> to buy me 'treats' to feel better - that almost literally killed me
> but I had no idea.

how could you know, as a child? my husband's mother used to give him
coke
as a treat, or a cure for when he'd get indigestion and it just made
it
worse, and he hated it.  he has had chronic indigestion all his life.
he
didn't believe it could ever go away and was on medication for it for
while. Now, it's to where if he feels it coming on, he eats a piece of
raw ginger. He used buy ginger extract and squirt that in his mouth.
but
we discovered, just peeling and cutting up raw ginger into tiny pieces
works best. he carries it around in a baggy. it's like popping tums.
how
he can eat it raw like that, is beyond me, but he does and it works
and
it's easy and cheap and he gets much less symptoms than he used to.

I was lucky to have a mother that understood about healthy eating. She
was
not the perfect mom by any means, but I did learn alot of good food
habits
from her and salads (with oil/lemon juice and garlic dressing) have
always
been my staple in life.

Lucia