RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Peter Brandt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 16 Oct 1997 03:56:31 -0500
Peter:
>>Vicki Dorn is a either complete fictional character or if she does exist
>>she is a law student in San Diego who has never heard of raw foods and
>>whose name NFL are just using as a posting alias to gain access to this
>>list.

Vicki:
>What are you talking about? I'm a CPA in San Francisco!

I was not that much off. You could have been a nurse in Los Angeles.;-)

>I am simply doing a favor for a good friend by forwarding his mail to your
>list.

You have gone a step further by letting them post in your name.

>If you don't like it, I'll stop, but don't unsubscribe me!

I am not asking you to stop and have no cause to unsubscribe you.

>Why don't you just let them back on your list?

There is a big step from letting them post messages through you to actually
allowing them back on the list. I am not asking them to publically denounce
their ideas or express them less passionately - just to let me know in
private that they will acknowledge and respect the posting guidelines for
the list.

>What's the big deal?

The big deal is that with NFL roaming free the list very quickly
degenerates into a war zone, not because the NFL guys do not believe in
evolution or think that a vegan fruit-based diet will save the future of
mankind - the raw-food list is free for the expression of all ideas - but
because they lash out with venom, ridicule or threats at almost anybody who
dares to challenge their ideas.  You can get a taste by reading the
examples below taken from the latest NFL message to the list that you
posted two days ago:

"the instinktoid list"

"dead uncooked meat (the DUM diet Keep eating that filth and we'll see who
gets the last laugh"

"A real hoot, because you have no job and nothing better to do than e-mail
-- even in a paradise like your new residence....unbelievable!  Or is it
funny because Ward just wasted 2 weeks of his life without addressing ANY
substantive issues whatsoever?"

"What hole?  You're eating raw goat testicles and WE'RE in a hole?
Laughable!"

"Investigative journalism should be done into the theory of evolution, which
is what those on the DUM diet want most assiduously to avoid!"

"When your time comes, you can rest assured, we'll be celebrating."

"Insults now?  "Crackpots?"  Insult me to my face and we'll see what happens."

Best, Peter