RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ben Odom <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 11 Jan 1999 11:02:18 -0700
Hello All:

For those of you who don't remember me, I'm a 21-yr. old goofball who
started on RAF about a year or so ago.  I returned to full-time school this
winter at Brigham Young University in Provo, UT and as some of you remember,
I was a bit nervous as to how my new roommates/friends would recieve my way
of eating (especially raw meats).

Well, it was sort of funny.  A few of them seem so obvlivious to the world
around them that they never even seemed to notice what I was eating.  When,
they finally recognize that I wasn't cooking anything, the most they said
was, "cool, man, you don't have to cook anything."  The rest of them at
first were fairly suprised, but I don't think they really care one way or
the other.  The best part of it is that I don't have to worry about any of
my roommates stealing my food!  >;-)  (this was a big problem my freshman
year).

Anyway, it seems to be that most of my concerns about perceptions of me were
mostly unfounded.  Most of the people seem to not care, and the rest got
used to it pretty quickly.  The funny thing is that one of my brazen
roommates decided to try some raw meat the other day.  He didn't really like
the texture, but he ate a bit and said it tasted fine.  Now they all will
pick a bit here and there to show their "manliness."

Regards,

Ben