RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ellie Rotunno <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 1 Oct 1997 15:24:14 -0700

Ellie Rotunno wrote:
> > Aajonus theory is that the rise in blood sugar is due to old sugars detoxing. If the
pancreas is normal >>it could handle the sugar. This theory may be speculative. I think
the real test for me will come several
> >  years in the future, when if I eat a lot of honey, my blood sugar won't  go up
abnormally high, which it >>now does.

Dariusz:
> > How do you know it does?  Other than a medical test, can you tell?

Ellie:
> > I tested it with Chem Srips for glucose, otherwise I could not tell. Simple sugars in
honey and dates >>don't give me any cravings or symptoms  of high blood sugar.

Correction. If I eat a lot of honey by itself, I do get thirsty. I have
pancreas damage from years ago. Whatever makes my blood sugar go very
high does cause that symptom. I also get cramps in my feet which I think
are detox symptoms.